I am at a phase where I would like to start to increase passive income to get to a point where I can live off of it. This will take years and good planning. I have not focused on passive income up to now, and I will be exploring several options to increase passive income.
Today: The S&P 500 Dividends
Since graduating college, I have saved a little each month in a Vanguard S&P 500 Index fund. I took a finance class, and the professor recommended to save in a S&P 500 Index fund before venturing into individual stocks or other investments. He was a wise man and I appreciated the advice he passed on.
Are S&P 500 Dividends a good source of passive investment?
Continue reading “S&P 500 Dividends for Passive Income? (Decisions, Decisions, Decisions)”
If you are like me, I’m sure you have a lot of questions about Personal Finance. Here are a number of the questions I have had. I will briefly share my thoughts about these topics in this post.
- Should I even save or invest at all?
- Should I invest in a 401k? Pre-tax 401k or Roth 401k? How much should I contribute?
- Should I invest in a Roth IRA? Should I invest in a Traditional IRA?
- Should I invest in taxable accounts?
- Should I invest in Individual Stocks, ETFs, or Mutual Funds?
- Should I listen to the advice I am given?
Continue reading “Personal Finance is Confusing!”
One of my favorite places to visit and relax is Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island, SC. It is on the coast between Savannah, GA, and Charleston, SC.
What makes Sea Pines Magical?
There are a number of things that make Sea Pines magical, including:
- Natural beauty. The community was designed with nature in mind, resulting in a lush paradise of coastal plants and animals. The villas and homes are designed to show off the natural beauty of the landscape.
Continue reading “Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head Island – A Magic Place”
Who am I? I am a college educated working professional. By some definitions I am an older Millennial. The term Millennial has a negative connotation to some people, but why not embrace it?
Why am I here? To share information and learn. Life is a journey with decisions, and personal finance is important in the journey.
The future? How could I see this sunset every night if I wanted? This is my journey towards financial independence. I will details my thoughts and findings. Please read and comment!